Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Michael K. Williams Cut from Han Solo 'Star Wars' Movie Amid Reshoots

SAG-AFTRA Foundation's Conversations With Michael K. WilliamsThe original directors aren't the only ones who have been cut from the upcoming Han Solo-centric "Star Wars" spinoff flick, with actor Michael K. Williams revealing that he has also had to leave the project thanks to scheduling conflicts with the film's reshoots.

In an interview with Deadline, Williams said that his busy slate of projects -- including currently shooting spy drama "The Red Sea Diving Resort" in South Africa -- made continuing with "Solo" impossible, since replacement director Ron Howard would have needed him back in London for additional filming while he was committed to other work. The actor told Deadline he wouldn't have been available again until November, when he wraps his Sundance Channel drama "Hap and Leonard," but that would have been too late to meet the Han Solo movie's projected May 2018 premiere.

"They wanted me now; I couldn't go. So they had to clip-clip-clip," Williams explained to the trade.

While reshoots are common on big budget flicks, there was some extensive work that needed to be done on the spinoff, since Howard took the reins from departed directing team Chris Miller and Phil Lord months into production, after major reported creative differences between the helmers and Lucasfilm. That reworking included Williams's character, which the actor told Deadline was "half-human, half-animal" and "kickass," though he declined to provide any other details.

It's unclear at this point if the character will be recast with a different actor, or scrapped entirely. Either way, Williams is disappointed, but understanding, and said he'd be open to working on another "Star Wars" feature in the future, should Lucasfilm come calling again.

"I felt great about what I created with the directors that I worked with," the actor told the trade. "It is what it is."

The still-untitled Han Solo flick is currently slated for release on May 25, 2018.

[via: Deadline]



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2v3uQA5
via IFTTT

'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars' Is Returning for Season 3

rupaul's drag race, all stars, season 3The queens from "RuPaul's Drag Race" will sashay another day, with VH1 ordering a third season of "RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars," as well as another season of companion series "Untucked."

"The world is calling out to see more of these beautiful queens and I am going to give them every bit of it they can handle," said executive producer and host RuPaul in a statement to Variety. "'All Stars' represent the best of the breasts, legs, and thighs. They are giving everything and you're not going to want to miss it!"

According to Variety, producers have been pleased with the show's transition to new home VH1 ("Drag Race" originally debuted on Logo before jumping over to sister network VH1 for the season nine premiere earlier this year), and are looking to expand its fan base even further with the continuation of "All Stars," reintroducing existing fans to favorite former contestants, while also winning over a legion of new devotees.

"The massive swell of new and longtime fans of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' is nothing short of incredible," said Pamela Post, senior VP original programming and development at VH1, in a statement to Variety. "We are motivated now more than ever to ensure 'Drag Race' remains a shining example of inclusion and community, as well as fierce fashions and legendary lip-syncs."

In addition to "All Stars," after show "RuPaul's Drag Race: Untucked" will also be back, returning to the airwaves after a stint as an online-only offering. It will debut following the 10th season premiere of the flagship "Drag Race" series, set for sometime in the spring of 2018.

"All Stars" doesn't have a return date yet for season three, but is expected back in early 2018.

[via: Variety]



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2vbODcz
via IFTTT

Mark Wahlberg Is 2017's Highest-Paid Actor in the World

Transformers The Last Knight Global PremiereMark Wahlberg just delivered a smackdown to Dwayne Johnson, dethroning The Rock to take the top spot on Forbes's annual list of the world's highest-paid actors. Both men earned more than $60 million in the last year, though, so there's no need to feel too sorry for Johnson.

Wahlberg raked in an impressive $68 million from June 2016 through June 2017, thanks to headlining roles in big franchises like "Transformers" and the forthcoming "Daddy's Home 2." Johnson, meanwhile, is still sitting pretty on Forbes's list, filling the second slot with a cool $65 million in take home pay, earned from his roles in big screen features like "Baywatch" and the upcoming "Jumanji," as well as his HBO series "Ballers."

The rest of the top five is filled out by Vin Diesel (third place, with $54.4 million), Adam Sandler (fourth place, with $50.5 million), and Jackie Chan (fifth place, with $49 million). Also included on Forbes's list are returning actors Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, and Chris Evans, and newcomers Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, and Ryan Reynolds. The moral of the story? It's a pretty lucrative gig starring in a Marvel movie.

Check out the full list -- featuring a jaw-dropping earnings total of $720 million -- over at Forbes.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2x9I3Vm
via IFTTT

'Grey's Anatomy' Season 14 Will Be 'Funnier,' 'Lighter'

"Grey's Anatomy" has been breaking our hearts and causing us to go through a million tissues for 13 seasons, but Season 14 has a new prescription: fun.

Actor Giacomo Gianniotti, who plays Andrew DeLuca, says the new season is "funnier, it's sexier, it's lighter."

"We're going to have fun this season," he told TV Line.

As he explained, the sho has "been dreary for a long time." Yeah, between McDreamy's death and Lexie's death and Mark Sloan's death — it's a wonder that anyone is still alive in Seattle.

"There's just been a lot of separation and loss, so we want to show the characters having some fun," Gianniotti said. "Also, a lot of the men are single now, so we're going to explore what that dynamic is like."

Ooh, there hasn't been a good bromance since Derek and Mark!

"Grey's Anatomy" Season 14 premieres Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. on ABC.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2vVMZ1S
via IFTTT

'Game of Thrones' Director Admits 'Beyond the Wall' Timing Is 'Hazy'

Many "Game of Thrones" fans have been a bit perturbed this season by the apparent discovery of teleportation in Westeros, with characters jumping across the continent in the blink of an eye, and Sunday's episode seemed egregiously fast.

In what felt like a few hours, Jon and his Fellowship of the Wight had trekked north of the Wall, a zombie polar bear attacked, the Night King's army found them, Gendry ran back to the Wall for help, a raven flew to Dragonstone to deliver that message, and Daenerys arrived with her dragons.

Alan Taylor, who directed "Beyond the Wall," admitted the timing is "a little bit hazy."

"We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall," he told Variety. "I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there."

He was aware that fans would take issue with Gendry becoming a track star and what seems to be the fastest raven in Westeros.

"They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there's a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities," he explained. "So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story's momentum carries over some of that stuff."

And one Redditor figured out that the timing is entirely plausible.

Taylor doesn't mind fans checking the math. "It's cool that the show is so important to so many people that it's being scrutinized so thoroughly."

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2vZKcD3
via IFTTT

The 'Xena: Warrior Princess' Reboot Is Dead at NBC

"Xena: Warrior Princess" isn't coming back to life. At least, anytime soon.

NBC's reboot of the classic adventure series is dead, according to the Hollywood Reporter. "Xena" premiered in 1995 as a spinoff of "Hercules" and ran for six seasons.

The new series would've cast a new actress in the titular role originally filled by Lucy Lawless.

NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke told THR, "Nothing is happening on that right now. We looked at some material; we decided at that point that it didn't warrant the reboot.

"I'd never say never on that one because it's such a beloved title, but the current incarnation of it is dead."

The reboot lost writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach ("Lost," "The 100") in April over creative differences. His vision of the show would have explored the romantic relationship between Xena and sidekick Gabrielle, which was only hinted at in the syndicated series.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2vlqHTt
via IFTTT

'Stranger Things' Probably Ending After Season 4

Things won't get stranger in Hawkins, Indiana for much longer.

Season 2 of Netflix's hit supernatural drama "Stranger Things" is debuting October 27. And in an interview with Vulture, creators Matt and Ross Duffer confirmed that they are making a third season and likely a fourth season, too. But after that, they're done.

"We're thinking it will be a four-season thing and then out," Ross Duffer said.

His brother added, "We just have to keep adjusting the story. Though I don't know if we can justify something bad happening to them once a year."

And at that point, the show's pre-teen characters like Mike and Dustin will be old enough to head off to college.

"They're going to have to get the f--- out of this town!" Ross Duffer said. "It's ridiculous!"

So, no gap year to explore the Upside Down?



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2inxkUf
via IFTTT