Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Michelle Williams Praises Mark Wahlberg For Donating Reshoot Fee to Times Up

Premiere Of Sony Pictures Entertainment's 'All The Money In The World' - Red CarpetMark Wahlberg decided it was #TimesUp to do something about the enormous pay disparity between himself and co-star Michelle Williams.

The actor donated the $1.5 million fee he received for reshoots on "All the Money in the World" to the #TimesUp fund. His agency, William Morris Endeavor, is donating $500,000.

Wahlberg and WME have been embroiled in controversy since last week's USA Today report that he received a huge payday from the reshoots while Williams, ostensibly the lead of the movie, only got $1,000. The reshoots took place to replace the disgraced Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer.

Wahlberg remained quiet until Saturday, when he made the donation and issued this statement:

"Over the last few days my reshoot fee for 'All The Money in the World' has become an important topic of conversation. I 100% support the fight for fair pay and I'm donating the $1.5 million to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams' name."

Williams praised Wahlberg's action and in her own response, made sure to also credit actor Anthony Rapp, who came forward to make sexual misconduct allegations against Spacey.

She said, "Today isn't about me. My fellow actresses stood by me and stood up for me, my activist friends taught me to use my voice, and the most powerful men in charge, they listened and they acted." She added, "If we truly envision an equal world, it takes equal effort and sacrifice. Today is one of the most indelible days of my life because of Mark Wahlberg, WME and a community of women and men who share in this accomplishment. Anthony Rapp, for all the shoulders you stood on, now we stand on yours."

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2B3WNWS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment