Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Yes, Dylan McDermott & Dermot Mulroney Are Two Different People (Now, Finally, Costars)

Dylan McDermott already stars as Captain Dave in FOX's seriously hilarious new comedy "LA to Vegas." That's him on the right in the photo above. In a great meta twist, Dermot Mulroney just joined the guest star roster as rival pilot Captain Steve.

The Chrises. Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman. Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard. Amy Adams and Isla Fisher. Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon. The Stars People Always Confuse list goes on, and has included McDermott, 56, and Mulroney, 54, for going on 30 years. (They even got their own "Saturday Night Live" sketch.)

"This is the first time we've ever been seen in the same room together, proof that we are two separate people," Mulroney joked to USA Today. McDermott ("Steel Magnolias") added, "Now we've gotten to the point where if they confuse us we just go with it. So, if somebody says, 'I loved you in My Best Friend's Wedding,' (I respond), 'Thank you very much.'" Mulroney chimed in, "When they say 'Dylan can we have you on your mark?' I usually don't correct them."

Here's a portion of their great Q&A with Entertainment Weekly:

Have you ever blamed a bad project on the other guy?

McDERMOTT: I've definitely blamed Dermot for maybe five or six bad movies I've done.
MULRONEY: [Laughs] Gives me a bigger footprint... I frequently sign Dylan's name on autographs.
McDERMOTT: Even further confusion was, we had the same manager for a time. How she juggled us, I'll never know.
MULRONEY: Imagine being that new assistant on the desk.
McDERMOTT: As a matter of fact, I think you did a movie with Sam Shepard, right, Dermot?
MULRONEY: Yeah.
McDERMOTT: I did a movie with him, Steel Magnolias, but after that or before that, but I got a call from my agency saying that Sam Shepard wanted to talk to me about a movie. But actually, he was looking for Dermot, not me.
MULRONEY: Ooh. That one stings.
McDERMOTT: Yeah. That hurt.
MULRONEY: I worked with him a number of times. Dylan, sorry about that. Whooh.
McDERMOTT: That's okay. I had the pleasure of working with him, too. He was a great one.

Yikes. Mulroney shared his own story that stung later in the EW interview.

After Dermot Mulroney's debut as Captain Steve in the January 16 episode, he will return at least one more time. "The rivalry deepens," McDermott teased. "I will tell you that they get into a fight. Even bigger than the first fight. This second fight is even more epic." Mulroney added, "Epic and profound."

"LA to Vegas" airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on FOX.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2DbNmX8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment