Friday, April 28, 2017

'Facts of Life' Star Charlotte Rae Diagnosed With Bone Cancer

Charlotte RaeCharlotte Rae, who played beloved housemother Edna Garrett on "The Facts of Life," has revealed she has bone cancer.

She told People the heartbreaking news: "Last Monday, I found out I have bone cancer. About seven years ago, I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer — which is a miracle that they found it because usually it's too late. My mother, sister and my uncle died of pancreatic cancer. After six months of chemotherapy, I was cancer-free. I lost my hair, but I had beautiful wigs. Nobody even knew."

The actress, who just turned 91, says she hasn't made up her mind whether to undergo treatment again. "I'm not in any pain right now. I'm feeling so terrific and so glad to be above ground," she said. "Now I have to figure out whether I want to go have treatment again to opt for life. I love life. I've had a wonderful one already. I have this decision to make."

Co-star Mindy Cohn tweeted a reunion photo for Rae's birthday on April 22. The cast reunited in 2001 for a TV movie, "The Facts of Life Reunion."

Rae played Edna Garrett on "The Facts of Life" from 1979 - 1986, a role she first played on "Diff'rent Strokes." Rae released her memoir, "The Facts of My Life," in 2015.

"At 91, every day is a birthday," she says. "[In my book] I want to tell everybody to celebrate every day, to savor the day and be good to yourself, love yourself, and then you can be good to others and be of service to others.

Her most recent role was in "Ricki and the Flash." She has also guest starred on "Pretty Little Liars" and "Girl Meets World."

We wish her all the best.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2pFXbcO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment