Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Tom Holland 'Embarrassed' He Hasn't Seen Original 'Star Wars' Movies, But Loved the Prequels

Premiere Of Amazon Studios' 'The Lost City Of Z' - ArrivalsTom Holland's Spider-Man had a great quip in "Captain America: Civil War" about "that really old movie 'The Empire Strikes Back,'" emphasizing the age gap between Spidey and the other Marvel heroes. That gap definitely extends to real life as well.

Tom Holland is 20, and he came of age with the prequels. He told Yahoo Movies he's not a huge "Star Wars" fan, and he hasn't seen the three original movies, Episodes IV-VI, including "Empire." However, he did watch and like the three prequels, as well as the new films, "Rogue One" and (he needed help with the name of this one) "The Force Awakens."

"I thought that was dope. I really am a fan of those, I thought they were great fun," Holland said. "For some reason I skipped the original Star Wars, I don't know why and I'm very embarrassed. And I'm even more embarrassed to say that I love those [prequel] movies when I was a kid. Everyone's like, 'What? You liked those movies?!' But I thought they were great."

Just kidding. Plenty of fans do like the prequels, although they usually also like the OGs, and it's sad to think a hero in the Marvel/Lucasfilm family has seen everything but the originals. Can you even fully appreciate "Rogue One" and "The Force Awakens" without seeing at least "A New Hope"?

Anyway, to each his own. Holland was promoting his new movie "The Lost City of Z," which opens April 14. "Spider-Man: Homecoming" arrives in theaters July 7. The next Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi," opens December 15.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2p5ZGEB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment