Maria Menounos is making some big life changes after dealing with scary health news.
The "E! News" co-anchor underwent brain surgery on June 8 to remove a benign tumor, People magazine reports. It was a seven-hour ordeal, but fortunately, the surgical team was able to take out 99.9 percent of the mass. She told the magazine that she'll be "back to normal very soon," but also announced that she will be leaving "E! News," a move network officials say they support.
Although her tumor was non-cancerous, it had been causing Menounos some serious problems. She noticed in February that she was getting headaches, feeling lightheaded, slurring her speech, and struggling to read the teleprompter. Doctors discovered a meningioma brain tumor pressing on her facial nerves.
The news came as Menounos's mother was dealing with a brain tumor of her own, but sadly a malignant one.
"It's so surreal and crazy and unbelievable that my mom has a brain tumor--and now I have one too?" she told People.
With all of these developments in her life, Menounos is understandably looking forward to "[taking] some time." She says she wants to "focus on some passion projects and see what's next." Plus, the timing works out well; as the TV host pointed out to People, her contract is up in August.
Motherhood might be next on Menounos's agenda. She also told People that she and her fiancé, Keven Undergaro, will continue trying to get pregnant with IVF.
Let's hope the future looks brighter for her and her family soon.
from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2sGE3Iu