Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Marisa Tomei 'Quite Disappointed' This 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Scene Was Cut

In the script for "Spider-Man: Homecoming" there was a scene that would've given more depth to both Aunt May and Peter Parker, and you can't blame Marisa Tomei for being disappointed that it was cut.

"Homecoming" is still a great movie, with some sweet May/Peter scenes, but Tomei told HuffPost "there were also things in the original, which I signed up for, which weren't there when we shot it." One of those things was about a scene that would've hinted to Peter's (Tom Holland) big-hearted bravery being a family trait -- something he picked up from the woman who's now raising him, as opposed to just showing up with his powers.

As Tomei described the cut scene to Huffington Post:

"There was something going on in the neighborhood, and there was a little girl in distress, and I saved her, and Peter saw me save her, so you kind of saw that he got part of his ethics from her.

Then I come home, and I don't even tell him that that's what happened, and, of course, there's all this stuff that he's not telling me. So he's like, 'How was your day?' And I'm like, 'It was fine,' but really I was shaking inside because of this whole crisis that had happened in the city. I'm kind of fibbing to him, and he's fibbing to me, and we're living in this house together, and it was a very interesting setup. I was quite disappointed that wasn't in there."

Tomei added that the scene would've happened early in the movie and was written out of the initial script; since it wasn't filmed, we can't even look forward to it as a deleted scene on the eventual Blu-ray.

That's a shame, since it would've given Aunt May her own role as a secret "friendly neighborhood" hero, alongside her nephew, whose own secret heroism just happens to come with more powers (and a nifty suit).

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2ub6C5g
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment