Monday, October 30, 2017

'Stranger Things' Star Charlie Heaton Speaks Out After Alleged Drug-Related Incident at LAX

Virgin TV BAFTA Television Awards - Red Carpet ArrivalsCharlie Heaton's attempt to attend the L.A. "Stranger Things" Season 2 premiere didn't go quite as planned, and the actor wants fans to know he's sorry he missed the event.

Heaton made it as far as Los Angeles International Airport on Oct. 21, but he was reportedly detained for alleged cocaine possession. He was then sent back to the U.K., according to law enforcement, which meant he missed his show's premiere on Oct. 26. The actor described it as an "issue at U.S. immigration" in a statement to People magazine on Monday, and apologized for not being able to attend.

"My planned travel to the U.S. last week was affected by an issue at U.S. immigration, and I am working to rectify it as soon as possible," he said in his statement. "I do want to clarify that I was not arrested or charged with a crime, and cooperated fully with the U.S. officials at LAX. I'm sorry to all the fans and my 'Stranger Things' family for missing the premiere. We are all so proud of this season and I would never want this story to negatively impact the show."

The premiere went on without Heaton, meaning he missed out on some serious Hawkins Halloween fun.

"Stranger Things" Season 2 is now streaming on Netflix.

[via: People]



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2z54b6I
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment