Thursday, January 28, 2016

Dominic Monaghan on David Bowie's 'Lord of the Rings' Audition, LOTR Reunions

No disrespect to the great Hugo Weaving, but David Bowie would've been an awesome Elrond. Bowie was already the Goblin King in "Labyrinth," and would've fit right into the world of "The Lord of the Rings." But, in one of Hollywood's many "what ifs," he wasn't cast in the franchise at all.

Dominic Monaghan, who played Merry, is now promoting Season 3 of his Travel Channel show, "Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan," and he talked to the Huffington Post about Bowie's LOTR audition:

"I was at the Hubbard's, which is a pretty notorious casting agency office in London, doing an audition for 'Lord of the Rings,' and when it ended I went over and talked to John Hubbard, who was running the audition, and he said, 'Hey, it went really well. You should wait around for 5 or 10 mins. We'll give you some feedback.' I thought, 'Oh, OK, cool, and I sat in the reception office. As I was reading a magazine waiting, David Bowie came in and signed his little list and went in. And I'm assuming he read for Gandalf. I can't think of anything else he would've read for. He may have read for something else, but I'm a huge David Bowie fan, and I was lucky enough to know his son now so just seeing him in person was pretty special to me."


According to HuffPost, online rumors suggested Bowie was gunning for Elrond, not Ian McKellen's Gandalf, but either way. You never know who's going to walk into a casting agency!

Speaking of LOTR, though, Dom was asked about any future cast reunions on "Wild Things." Billy Boyd, who played Merry's Hobbit BFF Pippin, was on the show, and HuffPost asked if any other "Lord of the Rings" reunions might be coming up. Here's how Dom answered:


"I've been chatting to Elijah [Wood] and Viggo [Mortensen] recently about whether they'd come with me for an episode for Season 4. I'm still very close with all those guys, Orlando [Bloom] and Sean Bean. Elijah and Viggo jump out for me a little more just because I've had more history with those guys, and they seem more inclined to get their hands dirty. [...] So that's something that could very easily happen in the future."


Sounds good, but what are you saying there, man? Orlando Bloom and Sean Bean don't like to get their tea-pouring hands dirty?

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/1nqnhem
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment