Friday, February 26, 2016

Watch 'Curly Sue' Child Star Stun 'The Voice' Judges in Fantastic Audition

Well this is a pleasant surprise. Wow. Remember the 1991 movie "Curly Sue," starring and young ? Porter fell off the acting radar for a long time, but she's now 34-years-old and ready to make a comeback -- as a singer. "The Voice" Season 10 premieres this Monday, February 29, and NBC teased the debut with a five-minute video of Porter's blind audition performance, singing "Blue Bayou."

She earned herself four chair turns and a standing ovation, and that was even before revealing her past as Curly Sue.

"I was an actress when I was very young. It's not my passion. This is my passion." She explained why it took her so long to focus on singing. "Honestly, I was going through a hard time in life, and I actually got sober almost eight years ago. I fell in love and I had children, and that was my goal: to be a good mom. I really feel like the universe just had a plan for me, because you guys turned for me today."

How fantastic for her. And if you watch the video below to hear her performance, you can tell the praise is earned, not just doled out because it makes for a good comeback story.



Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/1Ql8EAR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment