Tuesday, October 25, 2016

'Once Upon a Time': Robin Hood Actor Wants 'Closure' After 'Abrupt End'

ONCE UPON A TIME - "Last Rites" - Emma, David, Regina, Robin and Henry are finally back home in Storybrooke and reunited with Snow, but, unfortunately, they still have to contend with Hades, who continues to deceive Zelena as he lays out his plan to use the all-powerful Olympian Crystal to take over the town. The heroes desperately search for a way to defeat Hades while Hook does the same in the Underworld, looking for those missing storybook pages. Regina and Robin take a more direct approach, which culminates in an epic showdown that will leave our heroes forever changed, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 8 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/Jack Rowand)SEAN MAGUIRE, LANA PARRILLAThe downside of Sean Maguire returning to "Once Upon a Time" is that we know he won't be staying for good. Instead, Maguire said he hopes for "a last interesting adventure for Robin Hood" to give the audience, and himself, some closure after what felt like an "abrupt" departure.

Showrunners Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz said Robin Hood's return in Season 6 will be for multiple episodes and not just in flashbacks. It's meant to be a surprising story, and Maguire said the pitch was interesting enough to him to warrant a return.

TVLine asked Maguire if it was a selling point that his return wouldn't just be a one-off. Here's his response:

"No, the prerequisite was 'What story do you want to tell?' I sort of said, 'I'll go first: If it's this or that, that might not be the ideal thing for me. But if the story is something that we all feel is an exciting chapter to tell, that's the deal-breaker.' That's really what it was all about, whether it was one episode or 10. I obviously had no intention of going back, because I, like they, felt that that was it and it was done. But the story that they pitched sounded interesting, and they seemed excited about it. Hopefully, the audience will enjoy it."

Maguire hadn't shot any scenes by the time he did the interview, so his own details were basic. But he did explain more of why he agreed to return:

"I can say why from my point of view: For one, I was very nicely asked. And two, as we discussed the last time you and I spoke, I feel that a lot of people weren't loving how that abrupt end came about. I said to you that I was disappointed, too, that the fans did not get an end to the character that they wanted or maybe deserved, so hopefully the idea is to come back and maybe give a bit more closure to this character. I actually don't know all the details, just the premise of what the [series creators] pitched to me, and I thought it sounded very interesting. Fingers crossed they'll do their usual bang-up, good job and the audience can maybe see a last interesting adventure for Robin Hood."

He also told TVLine he'd be thrilled to work with "both" of Lana Parrilla's characters, Regina and the Evil Queen.

Maguire said basically the same thing about closure and an "interesting" storyline in a talk with Entertainment Weekly:

"They pitched me this idea and it sounded really interesting. It's an opportunity to give some closure to this character, because I saw on social media that people felt that it was an abrupt end and it left a lot of questions unanswered. I don't really know what the full completion of this arc is, I just know the premise and I thought it sounded interesting enough to give the audience that little bit of closure, and myself as well, because [I thought] it was rather quick and abrupt, too."

"Once Upon a Time" Season 6 airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on ABC. We'll have to stay tuned for exactly what dates Robin Hood's return will cover in the 2016-2017 season.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2fdqzSh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment