Monday, May 22, 2017

Fans Say They'd Vote for a Dwayne Johnson, Tom Hanks Ticket in 2020: 'To Equality and Beyond'

Yeah, it was just a joke during Dwayne Johnson's "Saturday Night Live" monologue, but plenty of fans said they would vote for The Rock as president and Tom Hanks as vice president if they ran in 2020. It's Scorpio and David S. Pumpkins! How can you go wrong?

(Actually, you know how they could go wrong? If Morgan Freeman, Martin Sheen, and/or Kiefer Sutherland decide to run, since they have more experience as pop culture presidents.)

The Rock had Alec Baldwin on stage when he discussed his recent consideration of a presidential run. Johnson revealed his running mate would be a fellow SNL five-timer who was very well liked. Baldwin feigned flattery, then shock, when The Rock said his choice was ... Tom Hanks!

Tom Hanks: "I can... not possibly turn this down! I'll do it. I'm in! Let's go!"

The Rock: "Now, in the past, I would have never considered running for president. I didn't think I was qualified at all, but now I'm actually worried that I'm too qualified."

Hanks: "The truth is, America needs us. No one can seem to agree on anything anymore, except for two things..."

The Rock: "...Pizza and us."

Hanks: "I mean, I have been in two movies where the plane crashes, and people are still excited to see me on their flight. [...] Together, we would get one hundred percent of the vote. I would get the senior vote because I fought in World War II... in, like, 10 different movies."

The Rock: "And of course, I would get the minority vote, because everyone just assumes that I'm, well, whatever they are."

The monologue went on for about 7 minutes, with the two saying they were just joking about running for office ... and then deciding, maybe they weren't joking that much?Fans reacted with support for the idea, filling the comments of SNL's YouTube video with hope that Johnson and Hanks do decide to run in 2020, and adding more campaign backing on Twitter:


Here's more from The Rock after SNL, still touting a Johnson/Hanks 2020 campaign:

The SNL Season 42 finale also marked the final show for SNL cast members Bobby Moynihan, Vanessa Bayer, and Sasheer Zamata.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2q8RVes
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment