Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Millie Bobby Brown Says 'Logan' Was Her Best Audition, Despite Being Rejected

The 23rd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Red Carpet"Stranger Things" breakout star Millie Bobby Brown recently named her best and worst auditions in a sit-down chat with "Westworld" queen Evan Rachel Wood, and both answers were pretty surprising.

Millie has had an incredible year, winning praise and awards as Eleven in the Netflix series, with more to come in Season 2 this Halloween. However, that doesn't mean she hasn't faced rejection along the way. One surprising aspect is that she named a rejected role as her best audition.

In a scene from Variety's latest season of "Actors on Actors," MBB revealed to ERW that she read for the role of Laura/X-23 in "Logan." The role ultimately went to Dafne Keen, but Brown was still happy with the experience:

"The best audition for me was Wolverine. I went for 'Logan,' I went for the little girl. I watched it, she was incredible. It meant so much to me. I was filming 'Stranger Things' and I was like, 'It's going to be amazing, I'm going to really prepare,' and I sat in my room reading the lines. And, honestly, for me, I felt so -- I felt [like] an actor, in the audition room, hitting Hugh Jackman and [director] James Mangold sitting right in front of me. I was like 'Oh my goodness.' I was one of the best auditions."

Yeah, you can't knock any time you get to spend with The Jackman, even if you don't get asked to spend even more time with him.

As for Millie's worst audition? It was for an "awkward" Barbie commercial. She had to jump up and down and hold this thing, and pretend to play with another girl. It was not the best experience.

Watch more here:
The full interview will air June 13 on Variety's "Actors on Actors" Season 6, on PBS SoCal.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2rloQQn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment