Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cameron Diaz Says She's 'Actually Retired' During 'Sweetest Thing' Reunion

Because Age Is A State Of Mind: Cameron Diaz Joins MPTF To Celebrate Health And FitnessHas Cameron Diaz retired from acting? According to the actress herself, yes.

Diaz reunited with "The Sweetest Thing" co-stars Christina Applegate and Selma Blair for an interview with Entertainment Weekly. When asked if they had gotten together since the 2002 movie, the three actresses admitted they had not and suggested they should do so.

"Maybe I should, you know, I mean, I'm down. I'm literally doing nothing," Diaz said.

Applegate replied, "I'm literally doing nothing, too! I'm semi-retired, I haven't worked for years."

Then Diaz said, "I'm semi-retired, too, and I am actually retired, so I would love to see you ladies."

Now, Applegate is fudging with her semi-retirement, since she's appeared in "Bad Moms," "A Bad Moms Christmas," "Crash Pad," and "Youth in Oregon" in the last two years. But Diaz hasn't done a movie since 2014's "Annie."

Diaz's career status came up earlier this month when Blair revealed that a "Sweetest Thing" sequel was unlikely since her co-star had retired. "She's like, 'I'm done,'" Blair told Metro News. But when that comment sparked a lot of conversation, Blair walked her statement back:

Seems like it wasn't a joke after all.

Diaz's retirement was cemented by an article in People in which a source said the star was focusing on married life with Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden.

"I can't say whether or not she will go back to being a full-time actress, but for now she has other interests, causes she believes in, and time to pursue them," the source said. "Cameron has made a wonderful life for herself. Marriage agrees with her."

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://bit.ly/2pR2p3K
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment