Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Lena Dunham Reveals She Had Full Hysterectomy in Endometriosis Battle

HBO's Official Golden Globe Awards After Party - Arrivals"Girls" creator and star Lena Dunham has opened up about having a full hysterectomy after battling endometriosis for years.

In an essay for Vogue's March issue, Dunham revealed that she recently underwent the elective procedure, which involves removing the uterus and cervix, after many previous surgeries and other alternative therapies including acupuncture, yoga, and massage.

The actress was hospitalized three times in the last year and had surgery last April. Just a month later, she was hospitalized again for complications. That forced her to cancel her Lenny IRL tour

Portions of her essay were excerpted on the website of the Endometriosis Foundation of America.

Dunham was candid about her desire to have children one day. "As a child, I would stuff my shirt with a pile of hot laundry and march around the living room beaming," she wrote. "Later, wearing a prosthetic belly for my television show, I stroke it subconsciously with such natural ease that my best friend has to tell me I am creeping her out."

Now, even after the hysterectomy, Dunham is looking forward to exploring her options for having children.

"I may have felt choiceless before, but I know I have choices now," she said, adding, "Adoption is a thrilling truth I'll pursue with all my might."

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2CiJh1X
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment