Friday, March 16, 2018

Adam Rippon on 'Dancing With the Stars': 'It Would Be Totally Fun'

Adam RipponWill we be seeing Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon on the upcoming all-athlete season of "Dancing With the Stars"?

The 28-year-old athlete, who won a bronze medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics, told ET, "I think it would be a great opportunity and it would be really fun. I've always wanted to learn how to dance, because I've just been a solo act, like a one-man show."

But when asked directly if he's been asked by ABC, the skater riffed on the infamously nonsensical speech during the Miss Teen USA 2007 pageant. "I would think that, like, it would be, like, such as, umm, the Americas and such as." (That's a deep cut, Adam.)

Pet, ET, he's already committed to the Stars on Ice tour, which runs April 6 - May 20. "You know, it would be a crazy schedule," Rippon said. "The [DWTS] dates are all going on during the Stars on Ice tour, so it would be a lot of traveling."

He admits his dance skills could use some work. "When I go out, I'll just start dancing a little bit and I'll be having a good time and usually people think like, 'Oh, she's crazy.' They're not wrong, but usually it looks like I'm going to hurt myself."

He's not the only Olympian who'd love to be the show. US Women's figure skater Mirai Nagasu joked that her 10th-place free skate was really her audition for the reality series.

'DWTS' returns April 30 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

[Via ET]



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2FPDpQF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment