Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hugh Jackman Is '99.9% Sure' the Next Wolverine Movie Will Be His Last

hugh jackman wolverine

We're less than a month away from the next installment in the "X-Men" franchise, so naturally it's a great time to start talking about the next installment of an "X-Men" spin-off, right? Hugh Jackman is game to chat about the future of Wolverine, but he's not making any promises.



Jackman sat down with SFX magazine to talk about "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and the subject of last summer's "Wolverine" came up. We've all been assuming that a sequel to James Mangold's "Wolverine" was in the bag since it was such a success -- and because Mangold and Jackman haven't been shy about talking about the possibilities of a sequel. However, "I'm excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven't signed on. I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it."



Mangold is still developing the project with Jackman, but the star remains cagey. "If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me," he said. And it's got to be even better than the last "Wolverine" to get him to sign on the dotted line.



"I think it has to be better," Jackman said. "I can still see where we can improve on the last one. I love the intimacy of that story, I liked the small stuff, I liked that it was a little unexpected." Truth be told, that's what snagged the attention of audiences, who were a little wary of a stand-alone "Wolverine" after the 2009 film. Now that they've gotten a taste, they want more -- but will Jackman give it to them?



[via Slashfilm]



Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images





from The Moviefone Blog http://ift.tt/1n42tV5

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment