Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Will Smith Thinks 'There Might Be a Future' For Him in Politics

US-ENTERTAINMENT-SCREENING-CONCUSSIONWill Smith has already conquered Hollywood. Washington, D.C. might be next.

On the Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, Smith talked about how the character he plays in his upcoming movie "Concussion" made a real difference in the world. Dr. Bennet Omalu took on the National Football League for covering up concerns that concussions could have long-term negative effets on players. And Smith wants to do make a difference, too — perhaps by getting into politics.

"I think that that's what my grandmother always hoped, that I would make myself useful to people in this lifetime," he said, adding, "And, you know, as I look at the political landscape, I think that there might be a future out there for me. They might need me out there. This is the first year that I've been incensed to a level that I can't sleep, you know?"

Years ago, Smith joked about wanting to become the first black president. Too late for that, but there's always second, Will!

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.

%Slideshow-180100%

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/1MRNRD3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment