Monday, December 21, 2015

'Homeland' Fans Are Angry, Confused About Quinn After Season 5 Finale

The "Homeland" Season 5 finale aired last night and actress Alyssa Milano's concise tweet summed up the reaction of many viewers:


Why? Maybe for more than one reason, but fans are now mourning the death of Rupert Friend's Peter Quinn ... unless they're still just confused about his status.

Quinn suffered a brain hemorrhage; if he lived, he'd have serious brain damage. Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison ended up removing his pulse monitor at the end of the episode. RIP, Quinn. But we didn't actually see him die, and whenever a death isn't obvious -- and sometimes even when it IS obvious -- fans leave room for speculation and doubt. After all, we've been burned by fake-out deaths from "The Walking Dead," "Game of Thrones, "The Leftovers," and "Homeland" all in 2015. However, as TVLine put it, "While it's true we didn't actually see Carrie pull the plug, given the extent of Quinn's brain injury, Homeland would risk mass ridicule if it returned in Season 6 with Quinn still alive; he's dead, people." And maybe that's a blessing -- they can't torture him anymore!


Commenters had mixed reactions to the finale, but the most vocal fans were the ones angry or confused about Quinn. Here's a sampling:

• I'm Done with Homeland

• Agreed. This show is no longer smart tv. It's full of cliches and easy to guess outcomes.

• Ditto. I was in it for Quinn. Killing him off killed me off. I love Mandy Patinkin, but I just can't stick it out for him. Not anymore.

• Totally agree with you! These last couple of episodes have been a preview of homeland without Quinn and I'm just not interested. He is an awesome character and the main draw of the show for me. I hate what the writers did to him this season. It's lazy and a cheap way to get people talking about the show. Looking back on how he ended up with the terrorists to begin with highlights how ridiculous this outcome is for him. Part of me would like to believe that the light was him waking up and if it had ended with just Carrie, I could talk myself into believing it. Quinn made Carrie tolerable for me so without him, I just can't watch her! This was a mistake for the show and I really hope S6 is the end. Without Quinn, it will be without a lot of viewers! Bad move, Homeland.

• I'm so confused...I didn't think she actually killed him...at least they didn't show it. She just removed the pulse monitor thingy. I really thought when the light came through the room, she changed her mind.

• I very much enjoy this series of any other on TV. Silly might sound I cried for Quinn, sorry to end his life. Hoping that Carrie would have realized that he was the only one who really loved her and she never did realize this. Who wants a vegetable so they killed him off, sorry for that!
Carrie again faces another grief in her life with losing her first lover. Do not kill off this series, continue the thoughtful and sometimes touching.

• I don't think it's a fact that carrie went through with it. I think we will find out next year.

• Don't know if I'll come back next year. Love Carrie but Quinn was the heart of the show for me because of all he went through and kept coming back.

• like Brody, I'm going to assume Peter is still alive until next season. Man don't kill Quinn @SHO_Homeland !!! I need him.

• I know I said this when Brody left, but Homeland without Quinn is off my watch list. At least when Brody died, Quinn was around. What now!?

What now, indeed. Showtime has already renewed "Homeland" for Season 6, so there are no worries that the show won't go on, but will you be there to watch what happens? FYI, TVLine shared the full text of Quinn's farewell note to Carrie:

Carrie. I guess I'm done. And we never happened. I'm not one for words, but they're coming now. I don't believe in fate, or destiny, or horoscopes, but I can't say I'm surprised things turned out this way. I always thought there was something kind of pulling me back to darkness. But I wasn't allowed a real life. Or a real love. That was for normal people. With you I thought maybe just maybe. But I know now that was a false glimmer. I'm used to... they happen all of the time in the desert, but this one got to me. And here's the thing, this death, this end of me is exactly what should've happened. I wanted the darkness. I f—ing asked for it. And it has me now. So don't put a star on the wall for me. Don't say some dumb speech. Just think of me as a light on the heavens. A beacon. Steering you clear of the wrongs. I loved you. —Yours, for always now, Quinn."

What did you think of the "Homeland" finale and will you be back for Season 6?

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.

%Slideshow-348587%

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/22kXlRL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment