Monday, June 27, 2016

'Legends of Tomorrow' Star Caity Lotz Teases New Girlfriend for Sara in Season 2

The CW Network 2016 Upfront PresentationIs there a softer side to on "Legends of Tomorrow's" martial artist extraordinaire, the White Canary? Caity Lotz would love to find out.

The actress, who currently stars as Sara Lance on "Legends," reveals that, with four different series set in the DC TV Universe now airing on The CW, she can't wait to see how characters are mixed and matched across her show, "Arrow," "The Flash," and "Supergirl" when they all return in the fall. She's especially stoked to encounter the devilish Earth Two incarnations of a couple of familiar faces -- and wouldn't mind playing a sweeter take on her butt-kicking heroine.

She also hints that that there may be a new love interest ahead for Sara, and reveals how she stays in super-heroic shape ... even when the show's between seasons.

Moviefone: What's got you most excited about the new season of "Legends of Tomorrow"? You've got four great shows on one network now. Everybody can crisscross. You can bring in anybody to your crew.

Caity Lotz: Yes, crossovers are what I'm most excited for, just because the potential of that! I want to go on "The Flash." I want everybody to come on to our show. I want to see, like, especially with Earth Two on "Flash," I think it'd be really cool to kind of see the Black Siren, which is Katie Cassidy. I want to see Katie Cassidy and Danielle Panabaker's evil alter egos. I want to go head-to-head with them.

How much fun would it be for you to get an evil alter ego?

Ooh, I'd love that. I would love that. Or I think my alter ego should just be, like, something really lame. Or not lame, but chill and simple. I'd be, like, a librarian, or I knit scarves. That's what Sara does in Earth Two.

Have they given you any hints for next season, about what you're going to get to do?

I think Sara might get a new girlfriend!

Any old girlfriends going to show up in the picture at any point?

You know, I sure hope so. Katrina Law is one of my favorite humans. She's got a new show, "Training Day," so hopefully we can steal her away. She worked it in her deal so that she could come and see us!

When you get done shooting a season, do you let all the stuff you've got to do to stay in shape for the role go, or do you keep it up?

No, I keep it up. I know some people, they don't do that. I don't know. Maybe in 10 years ask me and it'll be different. I love movement and physicality, so my body just kind of stays. But there is a next level, and I just started retraining again. You can check out my Instagram, there's some cool training videos on there.

Since you got the role, what's the coolest thing you can do that you couldn't do before you were Sara, physically?

Gosh. I don't know. I did all this stuff before. I was a martial artist before I was an actress, so all that stuff I've kind of always done. But I've never done that stuff in a superhero costume before, so that's a new thing!

What lured you to martial arts? What was the thing that made you say, "Yeah, this is my sport"?

Well, I started with dance. And I used to go to this gym to go flip around and breakdance. There were martial artists at the same gym, and I started teaching them to dance, and then they started teaching me martial arts. And I was like, "Ooh, this is fun." Then I thought maybe I'd want to be a stunt girl.

Have you surprised any of your costars with how badass you can actually be?

They're so sweet. They'll always give me a nice pat on the back. They're amazing, too. I mean, everybody on the show is like ... they're awesome.

And you're helpful to walk with down a dark alley.

Yeah, I don't know what I'd actually do. I don't want to find out. So nobody mug me in an alley, please!

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season 2 premieres October 13, 2016.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/296dpDf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment