Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Ben Affleck's 'Batman' Movie Script Isn't Ready Yet

Batman v SupermanBatman may not fly solo for quite some time, according to Ben Affleck, who played the Caped Crusader in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice."

Affleck is set to write and direct a "Batman" standalone movie, but recently told reporters (via Collider) that he's still working on the script with "Argo" writer Chris Terrio.

"I think [Warner Bros.] have a date for it. Although, I don't know if I would necessarily be able to make that date because I don't have a script that's ready yet," he said.

Affleck added, "I have a script, we're still working on it, and I'm not happy enough with it yet to actually go out there and make a 'Batman' movie, for which I have the highest of standards, I would say. That's something that would have to pass a very high bar for me. It's not just like, 'Yeah, that might be fun, let's go try this out.'"

That is reassuring, actually, since Affleck and Terrio's collaboration on "Argo" led to an Academy Award. And after the criticism directed at "Batman v. Superman," it might be worth it to take the time to get things right.

Not only that, Affleck is a busy man. He is wrapping production on his next directing project, "Live By Night." And he'll be starring in the upcoming "Justice League" movie, which is due in theaters Nov. 17, 2017.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/28LTri2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment