Monday, May 8, 2017

'This Is Us' Star Chrissy Metz Fires Back Against Body Shamers: 'I Wear What I Want'

2017 MTV Movie And TV Awards - Show"This Is Us" star Chrissy Metz is fighting back against body shamers who criticized her outfit at Sunday night's MTV Movie & TV Awards.

Metz presented an award with co-star Milo Ventimiglia, and sported a short, shiny, red latex dress. It seems she got negative feedback, because she took to Twitter to declare satisfaction with her look:

The 36-year-old actress has been outspoken about body shaming in the past. She recently penned a letter in People's World's Most Beautiful Issue to her younger self, saying, "Please stop comparing yourself to anyone or anything."

And in an interview with Harper's Bazaar last month, she said, "It's like, forget you're on this amazing television show, you're changing lives and opening discussion... I can't go anywhere without people talking to me or recognizing me from the show," she said. "This woman told me she never understood her daughter and her weight issues 'til she saw the show. She got teary-eyed, I started getting teary-eyed... it was beautiful."

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2qTQHV4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment