Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Charlize Theron Admits Having a 'Rough Time' With Tobey Maguire on Set

Cider House RulesEven A-list stars have #officeproblems.

In an interview with V Magazine, Oscar winner Charlize Theron admitted she had a difficult relationship with Tobey Maguire on the set of their acclaimed 1999 movie "The Cider House Rules."

"Tobey and I had a bit of a rough time, yeah. I mean, we're good now. It was a difficult movie," she told interviewer James Franco. "Every day is completely different for a completely different reason. Whether it's the weather, or the writing isn't there, or you don't get along with your castmate, you have to be able to go to something else that's just as powerful. Does it make it as enjoyable? Probably not. I mean, there were just a couple of days that Tobey and I had a rough time. The rest of the movie, we actually had a really good time."

But Theron learned a lot about acting from that experience. "It teaches you different things. It taught me that I could fall in love with somebody in my head while looking at someone else."

Theron, now starring in "The Huntsman: Winter's War," is no stranger to on-set conflict. She also clashed with Tom Hardy while filming "Mad Max: Fury Road" in the "maddening" isolation of the desert.

As she told Esquire last year, "We drove each other crazy, but I think we have respect for each other, and that's the difference."

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/23K8ZbX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment