Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Kelly Ripa Returns to 'Live,' Michael Strahan Calls her 'Queen of Morning TV'

Kelly Ripa Honored With Star On The Hollywood Walk Of FameOur long national nightmare is over.

That's how Kelly Ripa jokingly addressed the audience on her first show back on "Live With Kelly and Michael" after a tension-filled week on the morning show. Ripa left for a previously-scheduled vacation early after learning her co-host, Michael Strahan, was moving on to "Good Morning America" in September. Reports indicated she was blindsided and furious at the abruptness of the announcement.

Ripa began the show this morning by thanking fans for welcoming her back.

"I gained perspective. I always speak from my heart. I didn't want to come out here and say something I will regret," she said, referring to taking time off. "This started a much greater conversation about communication and consideration and most importantly respect in the workplace."

To that effect, "Apologies have been made," she said, confirming reports that ABC executives had personally apologized to her. "The best thing to come out of all of this is that our parent company has assured me that 'Live' is a priority."

As for Strahan, she said she was "thrilled" for him, while he gushed over her in return.

"You love this show, you love the fans, you love the staff. I love you," he said. "You are the queen of morning TV... I'm happy you are here."

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.

from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/1SMoR8F
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment