Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Daniel Craig Finally Confirms He Will Return for Bond 25: 'I Can't Wait'

'Spectre' German Premiere In BerlinIt's official: Our long international shaken-and-stirred nightmare is over. Daniel Craig has finally confirmed -- on tape, no less -- that he will return as James Bond. He also mostly confirmed this will be his final Bond film. "I think this is it. I just want to go out on a high note, and I can't wait."

Craig shared the news on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," while promoting "Logan Lucky." There was some build-up to the news, with Craig acknowledging he'd been "cagey" in prior interviews:

Daniel Craig: "I have been doing interviews all day and people have been asking me and I think I've been rather coy. But kind of felt like if I was going to speak the truth I should speak truth to you."

Stephen Colbert: "Daniel Craig, will you return as James Bond?"
Daniel Craig: "Yes."

The audience cheered.

Daniel Craig: "I couldn't be happier."

Craig said he's known he would return for a couple of months now. He apologized for being cagey to other reporters earlier that same day, playing it cool on the Bond return, saving his scoop for Colbert.

For a full year now, we've had back-and-forth rumors about who might replace Daniel Craig as the next Bond -- since he was so burned out by "Spectre" that he joked he'd rather slash his wrists than play James Bond again. (Colbert even asked him about that.)

Watch the full interview for a lot more, including Daniel Craig explaining how he got to play a Stormtrooper in "The Force Awakens" ("I slept with J.J. Abrams") and Colbert admitting he has a crush on Craig's wife, the amazing Rachel Weisz:

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2uIr9zV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment