Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Chris Hemsworth Almost Lost 'Thor' to Little Brother Liam

US-ENTERTAINMENT-PREMIERE-VACATIONBrother was pitted against brother in the competition for the role of Thor, as Chris Hemsworth recently revealed.

Hemsworth, who is starring in the upcoming third movie "Thor: Ragnarok," told W Magazine that little brother Liam almost won the role away from him.

"I came into the audition with [director] Kenneth Branagh and thought I nailed it and then never heard anything back," he said.

"Months went by and then my brother, my little brother, Liam, was in Australia and sent a tape across and he got a call back, then another call back and then was down to the last kind of four or five people for it."

Even his "Cabin in the Woods" director Drew Goddard and producer Joss Whedon couldn't believe Hemsworth wasn't in the mix for the role. Then, his manager reminded the Marvel team that Liam had an older brother.

He sent another videotape audition (with his mother acting as Anthony Hopkins' Odin).

"She must have nailed it because it got me back in the room and that second audition was a lot different than my first one," he explained.

"I came in kind of with a little, I guess, motivation and maybe frustration that my little brother had gotten further than me. It's a little family, sibling rivalry sort of kicked up in me."

Don't you just hate it when your little bro tries to butt in on everything you do?



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2f6u7HH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment