Wednesday, November 22, 2017

'Chicago P.D.': Jason Beghe's 'Anger Issues' Reportedly a Factor in Sophia Bush Exit

CHICAGO P.D. -- "Stepping Stone" Episode 101 -- Pictured: (l-r) Jason Beghe as Hank Voight, Sophia Bush as Erin Lindsay -- (Photo by: Matt Dinerstein/NBC) ORG XMIT: Season: 1Whatever happened, it sounds like the "Chicago P.D." set was toxic.

Jason Beghe stars on the NBC show as Sgt. Hank Voight. According to Variety, there were multiple complaints from cast and crew about Beghe's behavior on set, including anger issues, offensive comments, and volatility. NBCUniversal human resources was notified. A formal complaint was filed, and an investigation was launched. Variety said Beghe was assigned a coach to help him deal with anger management, and he's still in treatment.

Sources told the site, since the coaching, there's been "significant improvement," and no complaints have been filed in the past six months.

Speaking of six months ago, that's when news came out that Sophia Bush decided to leave the show. There were no details revealed, by Bush or others, on why she chose to exit. However, she shot back on social media when a fan suggested she was fired, writing, "Took me a long time and a lot of hard work to get out of that show. Please don't demean my capabilities by degrading my position. I left because I wanted to. End of story."

But souces told Variety her story is connected to Beghe's. This is coming from sources in the Beghe report, not Bush herself, but they said his behavior played into her decision to leave, adding, "She's been trying to get out of the show for a long time, but she ultimately left of her own accord." There were probably multiple factors playing into her decision, but it wouldn't be shocking to think his behavior was one of them.

Beghe acknowledged his "anger issues." NBC, Universal Television, and Wolf Entertainment shared a statement with Variety on his "inappropriate behavior," and here's what Beghe said for himself:

"I am deeply sorry for my behavior, which I know has been hurtful to my friends and colleagues. I have struggled with anger issues for some time, and over the past year, I have been working with a coach to help me learn how to mitigate my temper. It's an ongoing process, and it has been a humbling one. It is a source of great pride for me to be part of Chicago P.D.'s incredible cast and crew. I have personally apologized to anyone who I have upset, and I am committed to doing what is necessary to make up any damage that I may have caused."

"Chicago P.D." Season 5 continues Wednesday, November 29 on NBC.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2BePw7K
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment