She issued a statement yesterday saying -- to no one's surprise -- that she "respectfully" won't be returning to the ABC reality show. Filming was halted after a June 4 taping in which it appeared that an inebriated Olympios had been sexually assaulted by "Bachelorette" alum DeMario Jackson.
In their review of the videotapes of that evening, Warner Bros. found "no evidence" of sexual misconduct. Now Olympios says that her own legal team's investigation has been "completed to my satisfaction."
She also explains that no, she isn't suing anyone: "In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things," she said in her statement. "My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with 'Bachelor in Paradise,' my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired."
Noting the show's new rule of limiting alcohol (reportedly a two drink per hour maximum), she said, "I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of 'Bachelor In Paradise.'"
Is there more to be said about the situation? After thanking people for interest in her well-being, Olympios said, "it's best if I keep any further thoughts private for now."
Jackson, for his part, has also stated he will not be returning to the show.
from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2txbe6i