Tuesday, June 27, 2017

'Iron Fist' Almost Ruined This 'Game of Thrones' Character's Return

"Game of Thrones" nearly lost a Sand Snake.

Jessica Henwick, who plays Nymeria Sand, almost couldn't return for Season 7 of the HBO fantasy epic due to another commitment — her role as Colleen Wing on Netflix's "Iron Fist."

"I wasn't able to do it. My schedule clashed," she told Entertainment Weekly. "I was filming 'Iron Fist' for six-to-seven months and they wouldn't give me the time off."

The actress added that "Game of Thrones" "was so massive for me in terms of my career and building my profile and as an experience in itself, I wanted to return."

When a "Game of Thrones" producer told her that Nymeria would just disappear if she couldn't work it out, Henwick pleaded with Marvel to get a release. "I literally was flying back and forth while I was doing 'Iron Fist' in New York to Belfast, even during Christmas break," she explained.

So, Nymeria doesn't disappear. Instead, she and the Sand Snakes will have their own part to play in the wars to come.

"When we left Nymeria she was newly aligned with Olenna Tyrell [Diana Rigg] and was going to start a war," Henwick noted. "We pick up right where we left off and get into the nitty gritty very quickly. There is no time wasted this season."

"Game of Thrones" Season 7 premieres July 16 on HBO.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2tlyPH9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment