Tuesday, November 14, 2017

'The Office' Romance: Jenna Fischer Says 'Lightning Struck' When She Met John Krasinski

The real-life Pam Beesly wrote a book, and Jim is in it (obviously).

Jenna Fischer's new book, "The Actor's Life: A Survival Guide," includes details on her biggest role, as the "The Office" receptionist in love with Jim Halpert, played by John Krasinski.

Fisher made some headlines a while back for saying she and Krasinski were really in love as Jim and Pam, but Krasinski tried to clarify that she didn't quite mean it that they were in love in real life.

They were obviously a good on-screen match, though, and Fischer said they knew it from the first meeting.

Here's what she wrote about the casting process (via People):

"[John Krasinski] wasn't just the best Jim — he was Jim. I remember the day we met. As I was being shown to the actor's holding room, he was just being called in to read with another potential Pam... As he passed by, he introduced himself, and we shook hands. It was if lightning struck through the center of the room.

John and I were walking out of an audition scene, and he suddenly turned to me and whispered, 'You're my favorite Pam. I hope you get this job,'" Fischer writes. "It was exactly as sweet and cute and supportive as anything Jim would say to Pam. I smiled really big and said, 'I'm so glad you said that because you're my favorite Jim and I don't think anyone could do it except for you.'"

Fischer wrote that she was thrilled when she and Krasinski were both cast. "I told them I couldn't do Pam without him."

Fischer also wrote about Jim and Pam's first kiss, which was also her own first on-camera kiss, and ultimately "one of the best first kisses on television." She said she "felt completely transported into a new reality" in the scene, which was made more real by the episode director -- Ken Kwapis -- not calling "action" so she could stay in the moment.

"I was Pam, I was talking with my mother, and my heart was breaking. spoke into the phone, telling her I was in love with Jim, but I couldn't confess my feelings to him. Suddenly, Jim walked in the door. I turned and saw him and my heart felt like it might burst out of my chest. I wanted so much to tell him how I felt, but before I could, he kissed me. It was perfect."

It was perfect.

In real life, Fischer was married to director James Gunn ("Guardians of the Galaxy") from 2000-2008, and she's now married to screenwriter Lee Kirk, with whom she has two children. Krasinski is married to actress Emily Blunt, and they also have two children.

Fischer's book, with tips for aspiring actors, is now available on paperback.

Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2iWZPoN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment