Thursday, December 7, 2017

Jennifer Lawrence Trapped Herself In 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix': 'I Kind of F---ed Myself'

Hollywood Reporter/Lifetime WIE BreakfastJennifer Lawrence's reaction to being offered "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" was not what we'd have expected. In fact, according to the actress in an EW interview, her initial response was "Goddammit!"

Having played her mutant character, Mystique, in two X-Men films at that point, Lawrence was really sick of one aspect of her role: being painted blue. Her deal expired with 2016's "X-Men: Apocalypse," so she had a possible out. It also sounded like she had even seriously considered taking it.

"I love these movies -- it's just the paint," she told EW in 2015. "I was 20 [in 'X-Men: First Class'] and I didn't care about fumes and toxins, and now I'm almost 25 and I'm like, 'I can't even pronounce this and that's going in my nose? I'm breathing that?'"

And yet, here we are, less than a year away from another X-Men film starring Lawrence. What happened, it turns out, is all the actress's own doing. Lawrence told EW recently that she trapped herself by supporting her friend Simon Kinberg when he was considering directing the film. Apparently, he told her she'd have to be in it if he did helm the flick, and she agreed.

"I kind of f---ed myself," she said.

Fortunately, there are aspects of the films that she does love, including a big reason that ultimately brought her back.

"The other reason was for the fans," she said.

Aww. We love her, too.

We'll see Lawrence -- in all her blue glory -- in "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" when it opens in theaters on Nov. 2.

[via: EW]



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2ADz2YX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment