This news is the opposite of unfortunate: Season 2 of Netflix's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" is adding Nathan Fillion, Tony Hale, Sara Rue, Lucy Punch, and Roger Bart in major roles.
Executive producer and director Barry Sonnenfeld shared details on the new cast members at an event on Friday, while joined by series stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alfre Woodard, and K. Todd Freeman.
Here's Sonnefeld explaining who plays who:
If you want to skip the video version, here's the long story short:
• Nathan Fillion will play Jacques Snicket, Lemony's (Patrick Warburton) brother.
• Lucy Punch will play Esmé Squalor, who may or may not be a potential love interest for NPH's Count Olaf.
• Tony Hale will portray Jerome Squalor, who is married to Esmé Squalor.
• Sara Rue will start out as a librarian, then "perhaps go on to better things" in a season-long arc.
• Roger Bart will play Vice Principal Nero who "almost makes Olaf seem like a nice guy."
If you've read Daniel Handler's book series, those names should be pretty familiar.
Netflix has already OK'd "A Series of Unfortunate Events" for a third season to follow this second season, which is now filming with a planned release of early 2018.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.
from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2tdjeoO