Friday, June 2, 2017

T.J. Miller Explains 'Silicon Valley' Exit, Wants to Make More 'Emoji Movie'

Comedy Central's L.A. Press DayErlich, out.

As reported, T.J. Miller is leaving "Silicon Valley" after the current fourth season ends. HBO released a statement last week that the two parties had "mutually agreed" that Miller would not return for Season 5.

The actor became a breakout after playing the buffoonish entrepreneur in the Emmy-nominated comedy. But now, he's off to other projects, including movies (like "Deadpool" and "Office Christmas Party") and an HBO standup special on June 17.

"I love HBO, but I thought this would be that thing that would change the show in a positive way," he told Entertainment Weekly. "I mean, those guys are the funniest guys working."

Miller felt like he'd learned everything he could from working on 'Silicon Valley." He said he wants to challenge himself with new ventures.y."

"I would love to do 'The Emoji Movie' and things like that and have the time to develop animated features," he explained.

He added, "I work so much. I do every single platform. I do every single medium, down to podcasting with Cash Levy ('Cashing in with T. J. Miller'), all the way up to being in an underwater thriller with Kristin Stewart and wanting to be the funny part of that. So [I left] for my own sanity, and for the sake of slowing down, and being more present and able to devote more time to this myriad of projects that I have going on."

Don't expect Miller to pop in for a cameo down the road on "Silicon Valley," though. Erlich rides off into the sunset, and he's not looking back.

As Miller teased. "There is a lot of closure — in the most nonsensical, ridiculous way."



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2rknZyI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment