Friday, June 9, 2017

Lauren Graham Says There's 'No Reason' for More 'Gilmore Girls'

Although Lauren Graham previously referred to the "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" as "a cliffhanger and not an ending," she's now saying she's happy with leaving the show as it is.

Speaking to Indiewire, she said of the revival, "Just as an experience, it was kind of perfect. I always said, while we were doing it, that I couldn't see more episodes in that form. Five years from now do you have 'A Very Gilmore Christmas?' Maybe, but there's no reason anymore except enjoyment. And, actually, I think there's far more risk to continue — you run the risk of disappointing people."

She added, "I kind of got what I wanted out of this, out of being an actor, and now I'm actually just as interested in helping somebody else have that, whether through directing or producing."

But she's fully aware it was the role of a lifetime. In a new video interview for Variety's Actors on Actors series, she says she just knew Lorelai was hers. " She tells actress Constance Zimmer of "UnREAL" she'd read that Christopher Reeve said he knew a part was for him when he couldn't stand the idea of anybody else doing it. "That's how I felt about Lorelai. I was like, 'Get out of my way.' I just felt like it was mine."

And she wants to keep making shows and movies like "The Gilmore Girls," she told Indiewire, "I see how much the new 'Gilmore Girls' has meant to the people who loved it, and I feel even more strongly that I want to be a part of things like that."

She's currently working on an adaptation of Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan's book "The Royal We."

"I want to be part of storytelling that gives someone a lift of some kind," she said. "It doesn't have to be role-model-y, necessarily, but I'm proud to have put something positive in the world, and I feel even more devoted to that now because I need it. I'm just devoted to storytelling, and I don't care as much if I'm in it anymore. I'd be just as happy to write it."



from Moviefone News RSS Feed - Moviefone.com http://ift.tt/2s5lv8p
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment