Friday, December 20, 2013

The 5 Funniest Movie Characters of All Time (EXCLUSIVE)


funniest movie characters



Adam McKay -- director and co-writer of "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" -- is Moviefone's Guest Editor from December 16 - 20. Watch for exclusive features from him throughout the week. Below, McKay reveals his picks for the five funniest movie characters of all time.



Roger Davis (Jack Black), 'Bob Roberts'

Jack Black's obsessed, wild-eyed character who was in love with Tim Robbins right-wing folk singer character Bob Roberts is amazing. You can't take you're eyes off him. And, although I don't think he has more than four lines in the movie, everyone I know who saw the movie walked away asking, "Who is that guy?"

Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen ), 'Borat'

If there were any justice, there would be five more Borat movies. He's both endearing and dangerously ignorant at the same time. I can never get enough of this character. Go check out the old Ali G shows if you want more.

Pee Wee Herman (Paul Reubens)

The two movies Paul Reubens did as Pee Wee Herman are all-time classics, and because of a stupid tabloid scandal we were robbed of five or six more films. I still hope one day he brings Pee Wee back to the big screen.

Bill Lumbergh (Gary Cole)

I recently showed this movie to my daughter who immediately said "Oh, my god. I've met people like that." I'm going to go ahead and say this is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Bill Murray as Bill Murray

Bill Murray's actual personality, to me, is one of the great comedic characters of all time. Him as the deranged grounds keeper in "Caddyshack," the pervert soldier in "Stripes," or as the jerk weather man in "Groundhog Day"...I don't know if I've ever seen Bill Murray in a movie and didn't enjoy him.

Adam McKay's "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" opens nationwide December 18.



Anchorman 2 -Trailer No. 4





from The Moviefone Blog http://news.moviefone.com/2013/12/20/funniest-movie-characters/

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment