Friday, March 21, 2014

The 2015 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Will Get a Sequel in 2017

fantastic four 2 release dateWhere will you be in three years? Fox is hoping you'll be ready and waiting for sequels to "The Wolverine" and "Fantastic Four" by then, if we haven't all relocated to Mars or something.



"Fantastic Four" hasn't even begun filming; its cast was announced in February, with Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, Kate Mara, and Miles Teller set to start as the superheroes. "Fantastic Four 2" is slated for release on July 14, 2017, almost two years to the day after the first arrives in theaters. In fact, they haven't even announced yet who will be playing the first film's big bad, Dr. Doom. Kind of putting the cart before the horse, eh? In any case, director Josh Trank made a splash in 2012 with the unexpectedly cool "Chronicle," which also co-starred Michael B. Jordan. The science-fiction found footage film (yes, really) gave Jordan a big-screen boost after roles on beloved TV shows "The Wire" and "Friday Night Lights."



There's been a lot of bananas back-and-forth about "Fantastic Four," going so far as rumors that Fox was scrapping everything (including Trank). Not so! With filming kicking off in April, we'll be getting actual factual news about "Fantastic Four" soon enough. And then... years of speculation about the sequel!



The second (third?) "The Wolverine" movie is slotted for release on March 3, 2017, which should give star Hugh Jackman plenty of time to pump up or slim down. The actor, who basically starved himself to play Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" and then got buff all over again for the role of Logan in both "The Wolverine" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past," told Moviefone last summer, "I have adjusted to make sure I have more time between films and more time to prepare. I do it in a healthier way now. I do it with intermittent fasting, so there's periods where I'm not eating and periods when I eat a lot, and I monitor my health. I go and get checkups, and I have a great doctor here. I do! I monitor, I get my blood taken. I want to know my cholesterol's all right. Generally, I'm in good health, but I don't want it to go south because I am putting on and taking off weight rapidly, relatively, and I know that's a stress on the body."



[via Badass Digest]





from The Moviefone Blog http://ift.tt/1nLhWwy

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment