Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Robert Kirkman Knows Exactly How 'The Walking Dead' Will End -- He Just Doesn't Know When

Premiere Of AMC's

Robert Kirkman, co-creator of the "Walking Dead" comics and executive producer of the hit AMC show, loves to tease fans with epic proclamations about the series, including when certain characters will die. But his latest revelation is the biggest tease of all: He knows exactly how the comic -- and by extension, the show -- is going to end.



Of course, Kirkman didn't offer any clues as to just what that ending might entail. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Kirkman talked about the convenience of the TV series having so much source material to fall back with 130-plus installments of the comics floating around, and the luxury that that affords showrunners with spending chunks of time devoted to certain characters or plots.



What Kirkman does worry about, he told EW, is "hav[ing] enough seasons to get enough of the comic books into the show," though as he later revealed, he's currently hard at work on a plan to see to it that both properties are wrapped up properly.



"I do know what I'm building toward, yes," the producer said. "I don't know exactly what issue that's going to fall on, per se, and I do have a lot of road laid out before that that is going to take a long time, but I certainly know exactly what I'm building to."



He added that he even has the exact last page of the comic (and last scene of the show) planned out in his head.



"About a year or two ago, I finally nailed down exactly what I want the ending to be," Kirkman told EW. "So now I've kind of got two trails of story going in my head. One working to where I'm at very far into the future, and one working from the end backwards. When those two stories meet, then I'll know exactly how long the story is. I'm rapidly approaching that point."



Still, with Kirkman and showrunner Scott M. Gimple's predictions of the television show running for double-digit seasons, it will be a long time before viewers will know what Kirkman's got planned. In the meantime, we'll live in the zombie apocalypse moment.



The fifth season of "The Walking Dead" premieres on AMC on October 12.



via: Entertainment Weekly



Photo credit: Getty Images







from The Moviefone Blog http://ift.tt/WOzJHq

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment