Thursday, November 21, 2013

Charlie Hunnam Thinks Jamie Dornan Will 'Do a Great Job' in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'


charlie hunnam jamie dornan



The first time Charlie Hunnam spoke out following his abrupt departure from the lead role in "Fifty Shades of Grey," the actor didn't have much to say. Now, Hunnam has a little bit -- but not much -- more to offer on the subject, sizing up his replacement as Christian Grey, Irish actor Jamie Dornan.



TMZ caught up with the actor (who looked like he really didn't want to discuss the subject) earlier this week, asking what he thought of Dornan. Hunnam admitted he wasn't familiar with his replacement, but added that his respect for "Fifty Shades" director Sam Taylor-Johnson made him confident that the actor was the right choice for the part of the S&M-obsessed billionaire.



"I'm sure he'll do a great job," Hunnam told the site. "I don't really know his work, but I know [Taylor-Johnson] is amazing, and she has fantastic taste, so I'm sure he'll do a great job."



Dornan was equally diplomatic in discussing his predecessor in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, telling the magazine that Hunnam's departure gave him the opportunity of a lifetime.



"You know, one door closes, another opens," said Dornan, who auditioned for the role during the film's first round of casting. "When he dropped out, I didn't instantly think, 'Oh here we go, maybe I should cancel that holiday,' but I did feel that maybe we'd revisit the idea of me."



Dornan told EW that his reaction to his casting was initially "slight fear," but that he was "really f-ing excited" to land the gig.



"A lot of people care about this book, and I'm not under any illusion that they don't," the actor said. "All I can say is I'm going to do everything in my power to portray Christian Grey as truthfully as possible. I can't guarantee that's going to please everyone -- just me being cast doesn't please everyone -- but it's happened and I'm going to give it everything."



"Fifty Shades of Grey" opens February 13, 2015.



[via TMZ, h/t HuffPost Entertainment]





from The Moviefone Blog http://news.moviefone.com/2013/11/21/charlie-hunnam-jamie-dornan-fifty-shades/

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment