Monday, November 24, 2014

Christian Bale Was Bummed When Ben Affleck Was Cast as Batman

US-OSCARS-ARRIVALS

If you thought you were bummed when Ben Affleck was announced as the new Batman, you've got nothing on Christian Bale.



Bale, who played the Caped Crusader in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, revealed in a recent interview with Empire Magazine (transcribed by ComicBookMovie.com) that he was shocked by the announcement of Affleck's casting in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" follow-up, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" -- and thought that perhaps he would one day don the character's cowl again.



"I've got to admit initially, even though I felt that it was the right time to stop, there was always a bit of me going, 'Oh go on... Let's do another,'" Bale told Empire. "So when I heard there was someone else doing it, there was a moment where I just stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour."



Still, the actor noted that he realized it was silly to dwell on the casting switcheroo, and told Empire that he reached out to Affleck to share some tips for playing the Dark Knight.



"I'm 40. The fact that I'm jealous of someone else playing Batman...I think I should have gotten over it by now," Bale said. "I haven't spoken with Ben, but I emailed him offering bits of advice that I learned the hard way. I would imagine he is doing everything he can to avoid anything that I did."



We'll have to wait awhile before we see Affleck's interpretation of the character, but it's good to see that Bale has (eventually) accepted the recasting. Perhaps the twosome can sit down one day and compare their Bat-voices.



"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" hits theaters on March 25, 2016.





Photo credit: AFP/Getty Images







from The Moviefone Blog http://ift.tt/1AJfKLK

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment