Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Paul Reubens Hints A 'Pee-wee' Movie Announcement is 'Imminent'

Premiere Of HBO's



As if we weren't already excited about the fancy new Blu-ray box set of "Pee-wee's Playhouse"! Paul Reubens was chatting with Rolling Stone about the remastered and spiffed-up release of his incredible TV show when he let slip a little bit of movie news.



Reubens said, "There's going to be a big announcement any minute now... It's been months and months of being right on the verge of being announced...I thought something was going to go public yesterday, actually, and that you'd be the first person I'd be talking about this with. But I'm thinking there will be something made public very soon. It's going to get made shortly after the new year. I wish I could tell you about it right now, because...I mean, it's amazing. It's going to be amazing. It think it first got leaked four years ago or so that the movie was going to be made, and ever since then it's just been stalling and stalling. So I'm really ready for this to happen. But I'm not kidding: It's very imminent."



The movie has been in limbo for some time now. The Los Angeles Times reported back in 2013 that there was already a director attached, with Judd Apatow on board as a producer, as well as a script and financing. We're not sure what makes now the right time to set a new Pee-wee adventure in motion, but if it's true, we couldn't be happier.











from The Moviefone Blog http://ift.tt/1CW4Sa3

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment