Monday, October 27, 2014

Taylor Kitsch Confirms His 'True Detective' Season 2 Casting

taylor kitsch true detective season 2HBO is staying mum on the subject, but Taylor Kitsch has confirmed that he will star in the upcoming second season of "True Detective."



In an interview with AdWeek, Kitsch talked about taking on the high-profile role (of which AdWeek notes, "the deal is close, but not complete"), and his excitement to get back to work after taking a hiatus from acting.



"I'm really excited," he said of joining the show. "I've just been prepping. It's been almost a full year since I've been on camera, so I'm itching, man. I'm overdue. You've just got to grind it out. Even taking this year off was, I mean you want to work, but you also don't want to just water it down and work for the sake of working. So, it was tough to sit a year out, keeping a finger crossed that I was going to get 'True.'"



Kitsch added that he turned down several projects while waiting to hear back about his "True Detective" prospects, inspired by a meeting with creator Nic Pizzolatto that reminded him "why I wanted to be a actor."



"I can't f--king wait to hit camera," Kitsch told AdWeek. "So I'm excited. I loved that first season of it so much. It's just unlike anything I've seen in, you know, I don't know when. And it was so grounded. It could really happen. This is very similar, and I love that. It makes it more relatable. It makes these guys more real. Nowadays, it takes f--king balls to stand by that and do it that way."



The second season of "True Detective" also stars Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell, and Rachel McAdams is rumored to have been offered the female lead.



[via: AdWeek, h/t Vanity Fair]







from The Moviefone Blog http://ift.tt/1v6lec2

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment